Search This Blog

October 30, 2012

Problem Solving With Yarn: Knitted Watch Band

Problem: You have a tiny tiny wrist, so the only watches that fit your wrist are those velcro ones.  The watch you have is falling apart, and you'd like to replace it, but with something that looks nicer than a velcro band.

Solution: Knit the band, and stick the watch face on it.

I found a watch band pattern years and years and years ago on Knitty, and always wanted to try it out because I have the problem listed above.

So, I finally took the time to make the pattern, and this is what my watch now looks like:


I like the looks of it.  I also like the option that I can swap out the bands according to season, mood, outfit, etc.  But for now, it is just a gray band.

I don't know if I'll actually make more, but I like the idea that I have the option to swap out the band.  I am saying goodbye to those darn velcro bands!

0 comments:

Post a Comment