Search This Blog

October 25, 2012

Learn to do Bavarian Crochet--Book Review

Have you seen this book, Learn to do Bavarian Crochet by Jenny King.  I went to a local craft store, and they were having a sale on knitting and crochet books at 40% off.  So, I went through EVERY knitting a crochet book, and found this little, teeny weeny, 47 page book.

"Bavarian crochet?" I thought.  "What's that?"

I looked through the book, and thought this was the coolest thing ever.

This book is set up similarly to my own tutorials with step by step instructions that includes pictures.  I found the instructions quite clear, and easy to follow.

I made the basket pattern from page 38.



If you're interested in this technique, I would recommend this book.  Because the instructions of the stitches show pictures on how it's supposed to look, you can see if you're doing the stitch right, instead of hope.

So check it out.  Though the stitch looks hard, it's actually quite easy.  If you're just a beginner, you can do this stitch too.  Don't be scared, go on and try it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment