Search This Blog

October 23, 2012

Knit Your Halloween Costume!

Quick!  Halloween's next week, and you don't have a costume?  You want to make it, but you don't have a huge chunk of time?

A few years ago, I wound up in this scenario.  I wanted to dress up for Halloween, but didn't want my costume to be in your face as if to say, "LOOK AT ME!  I'M IN A COSTUME!"

So, here's what I did:

1) found a basic knit beanie pattern

2) added text across the front via fair isle.

The text I put said "Skynet Team" Okay...so the text shows my age...I grew up watching the Terminator movies, and the hat was referencing the Skynet AI from the franchise.


I bought a matching shirt, and said I was on the "Skynet development team."

You can put whatever you want as the text, this is just one option of many.  My nerd friends out there liked it :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment