Search This Blog

September 27, 2012

Hiding Yarn Floaters with Crocheted Binding--Part 2


On Tuesday I compared a single crocheted edge, with a crocheted binding.  Today, I'll go into detail on how to create the binding, but first, a reminder of what the binding looks like (left pic=right side, right pic=wrong side):


Now, how to crochet the binding
Step 1)
Slip Stitch just inside of the edge

Step 2)
*Crochet along the slip stitch border from step on.
*I did single crocheted rows, but, really, you can do whatever stitch you want.
*When you are crocheting the first row (in the slip stitch border) crochet in the top loop only.
*Make sure you do three stitches in the corners, instead of one or two.

Step 3)
*Rinse and repeat steps 1 and 2 for the other side
*But make sure your slip stitches are in the same ones as the other side.

Step 4)
Pull all your strands inside the two pieces of binding.

Step 5)
Single crochet the two pieces together by putting the hook through all 4 loops of each stitch.


And that's it!  Easy Peasy!

Personally, I like the binding better than the single crocheted edge, and I'm in the process of making the binding for that afghan, but because the afghan is over 6 feet long, and about 5 feet wide, it's taking me forever to do.  FOREVER! Don't worry, I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done...whenever that is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment