Search This Blog

March 5, 2012

Mass Effect Wristband

Believe it or not, I do knit too, and in honor of Mass Effect 3's release tomorrow, I knitted a wristband with the N7 logo on it.

My dad and I have a total of 7 Mass Effect characters which have completed both ME1 and ME2, all making different decisions.  Now, we are biting at the bit anxious to see what happens!  Will the Reapers take over the galaxy?  How will my saving the Collector base affect ME3?  Will the Rachni Queen join our cause to destroy the Reapers and save the galaxy?  I must know...I must know!!!

So, if you are as amped as I am about the fate of humanity against the Reapers, here's the pattern:

Gauge: 21 sts/4"

Materials
Needles: size 6, or size needed to obtain gauge.
Yarn needle
Elastic (optional)
Light worsted weight yarn in

  • black (main color)
  • red (the triangle)
  • white ( the N and the 7)
The amount of yarn is incredibly small for the red and white, I used scrap balls of yarn that were the size of a quarter and even then I still have a lot left.  I can't give you yardage because I used three balls of yarn that have been sitting in my stash for about 4 years, but I know they aren't even full skeins.

Finished size:
6  (6.5, 7)"

Directions:
Loosely cast on 32 (35, 37) sts

Rows 1-3) k in each st until end
Row 4) p in each st until end
Row 5) k in each st until end
Rows 6, 8, 10) p 8 (9, 10), work the 16 sts of the chart purlwise (so, left to right), p the last 8 (10, 11) sts of the row.
Rows 7 & 9) k 8 (10, 11), work the 16 sts of the chart knitwise (so, right to left), k the last 8 (9, 10) sts of the row
Row 11) k in each st until end
Row 12) p in each st until end
Rows 13 & 14) k in each st until end
purl bind off

Weave in ends, sew the side seems together.

If you want some more stability, you can sew on a piece of elastic that's cut 6 (6.5, 7)" long to the inside.

Happy knitting!

4 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! I was searching on Ravelry for ME themed patterns 'cause of tomorrow's release, and found this - I am DEFINITELY going to make one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like you band :). I wear mine all the time

      Delete
  2. One down and one to go... 3.5yr old is nerf gunning away already with his wristband on and the 5yr old one is cast on... astridthecrafty on Ravelry all linked :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, the mental image of a 3 year old nerf gunning with the wristband on is too cute!

      Delete