Search This Blog

March 14, 2012

Lamp Shade

In my old apartment, in Monmouth, Oregon, There was a lamp that was on the wall but set VERY high so I would be blinded whenever the light was on.  I didn't really enjoy being blinded every night.  Like before with my desk chair, I didn't have a sewing machine, so I crocheted a make shift lamp shade, making sure that there was an overhang so that the bulb was covered, yet light would still be able to shine through.


It was extremely effective, used scrap yarn, and the yarn colors matched all of my decor.  I think it'd be pretty with some sort of lacy shell stitch on the bottom.

If I ever run into that blinding problem again, I am definitely going to do this again.

Side note: you don't have to be constrained to crochet the cover, you could knit it too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment