Search This Blog

March 2, 2012

Back Loop Invdec Tutorial

Okay, so I posted on Monday a blurb about converting the invisible decrease for the wrong side, and it's been bugging me that I didn't post pictures!  Most people (myself included) are visual people, and since June's tutorial didn't show inserting the hook in the back loops, or what it looked like compared to the original, I decided to post how to do this decrease for the back loops.

1)  Insert the hook on the back loops of the two stitches you want to decrease.  (You insert the hook as you normally would, away from you/top down.)  Do not yarn over after the first loop is on the hook, just insert the hook into the next loop.


2) Now yarn over, then pull through the first two loops on the hook.


3) Yarn over again and finish the stitch, pulling the yarn through the last two loops.



Now, to compare a front loop invdec with a back loop invdec:

Front Loop invdec:

RS (I'm a lefty, so this isn't a backwards picture)

WS (again, not an inverted picture)

Back Loop invdec:
RS (not inverted pic)

WS (not inverted pic)

*Note: I inverted the pics for the tutorial, since there are more righties than lefties out there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment