Search This Blog

February 29, 2012

Protect Yourself from Yarn Burn

Have you ever gotten yarn burn?  Don't know what it looks like?  Well, look at this!


Let me tell you, it is painful!  And I got tired of it!

So, I created a little cover to go on my finger and protect my finger.

Here's the pattern:
Guage:  not too important, because it takes longer to check the guage than to make the piece.  If you're interested, my guage was 9 sts/10 rows = 2 in.  Just make sure that the cover is snug on your finger so that it won't go all loosey goosey when the yarn rubs on it.
Hook size:  H
Yarn weight: worsted weight scrap yarn

Row 1:  Ch 2, 8 sc in second ch from hook, sl st to join.  Do not turn.

Row 2-4:  Ch 1, 1 sc in each st, sl st to join.  Do not turn.

Row 5:  Ch 1, 1 sc in first three sts, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next three sts, 2 sc in last st, sl st to join.  Do not turn.

Row 6-10:  Ch 1, 1 sc in each st, sl st to join.  Do not turn.

Fasten off and weave in the ends.


It's a very simple pattern, but boy does my finger appreciate it!

On a side note: funny, a crocheted finger cover pictured with my knitting project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment